You’ve made a wise investment with your Colonial Mills braided area rug, and following these simple cleaning tips* will help extend the life of your rug.
How to Clean a Braided Rug and Accessories
At Colonial Mills, we recommend taking these steps when cleaning our braided home furnishings:
- Retain the beauty and durability of your braided rug by regularly vacuuming with the hard surface attachment. Do not use the beater brush.
- Spot clean braided rugs, storage and accessories with mild soap and water.
- Outdoor storage, accessories and braided rugs may be hosed off to clean.
- Small accessory items may be machine washed in cold water and laid flat to dry.
- Periodic professional dry cleaning is recommended for braided rugs.
Braided Rug Maintenance
Keep your braided rugs as good as new with these useful tips:
- If threads, which hold the braids, loosen or break, simply sew together with a needle and strong thread.
- Trim, never pull, loose ends.
- What may appear to be an irregularity in color or construction is actually part of the homespun look.
- Reverse rugs for twice the wear.
- Floor padding is strongly recommended to prevent yarn color dye transfer and provide comfort, safety, and durability. Learn more about our Eco-StayTM floor pads.
Characteristics of Braided Decor
Keep these things in mind when purchasing braided area rugs, storage, and accessories
- Slight irregularities are inherent to braided-texture products.
- Minimal size, dye lot, and pattern repeat variations are to be expected from this handcrafted product.
- Due to tight packaging for shipment, product may not lay flat: starting from the center, work wrinkles out with hands or pole.
Warranty & Returns
- Colonial Mills offers a 30 day warranty against any manufacturing defects on all products.
* Cleaning and care may differ depending on product contents and attributes
For further advice, please contact Colonial Mills Customer Service at 401.724.6279 or firstname.lastname@example.org